Time to get started on your submissions, Artists! Our much loved, annual group show Pre-Shrunk is upon us once again, and artists of all disciplines are invited to create artworks that measure 4” x 5” for this juried exhibition. Of course, we encourage submissions from artists both established and emerging, using the medium of their choosing.
- Works must be created on a surface that measures 4” x 5”. Pieces that do not
measure 4” x 5” will not be accepted.
- Artists can submit no more than five pieces.
- All work must be unframed
- If works are on canvas, we ask that you do NOT attach a hanging device
(i.e.: wire or hooks – the gallery will take care of this for continuity)
- If you plan on working on paper or photography, you must mount your works
on a sturdy 4” x 5” surface that can be hung on the wall.
- Submissions must be new, and not previously shown.
- Please include your name, phone number, email address, and list of
materials used along with your submission
To apply for this year’s show, please photograph your completed piece/ pieces and send your images in jpeg format to email@example.com. SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS MIDNIGHT, JANUARY 10th If your work is selected by the jury, you will be notified by phone or email by January 18th
-Pieces that are selected for this year’s exhibition will be priced at $175 each, with standard 50% commission. Please bare this price in mind while creating your artwork.
-The NSCAD bookstore has kindly ordered pre-made 4” x 5” canvas and board to supply artists wanting to participate in this exhibition. Supplies are limited.
SHOW OPENS FRIDAY JANUARY 24th
Please telephone the gallery, 902-425-9456 if you have any questions in regards to the requirements of this exciting group show.
From the gals of Argyle Fine Art,
Adriana Afford and Crystal Ross
1559 Barrington Street
firstname.lastname@example.org / www.argylefineart.blogspot.com