The leaves on our trees have started to fill in, the air is getting warmer, and the call of the loon is growing louder – So, we think it’s high time we start working towards our exciting summer season! We’re happy to announce that Argyle Fine Art is looking for a variety of local artists to create works with the theme, CANADIANA in mind. Your artwork might focus on regional landscape, Canadian icons, or even tourist kitch – the sky is the limit, so long as it falls within the category of Canadian culture. What do YOU associate with Canadian culture? All mediums will be considered, including (but not limited to) painting, sculpture, photography and textile. All artists are welcome to submit their work to this juried exhibition.
- Submissions must be new, and not have been previously shown.
- Work must have the theme Canadiana as it’s primary focus.
- Please include your name, phone number, email address, and list of materials used along with your application.
- Deadline for applications is July 5th
- NOTE: For those who are able to finish their submissions before July 1st, the gallery may want to feature your piece/s in the gallery over Canada Day Weekend!
To apply, please photograph your completed piece/ pieces and send your images in jpeg format to email@example.com. SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS MIDNIGHT July 5th, If your work is selected by the jury, you will be notified by phone or email the following week.
The opening reception for Canadiana will be held here at Argyle Fine Art on Thursday, July17th from 5-7. This reception will coincide with Halifax’s second “Downtown Art Walk” so we expect it to be a lively evening! The pieces selected to be in the show will be available for purchase (price set by the artist) with standard gallery commission applied.
Please telephone the gallery, 902-425-9456 if you have any questions in regards to the requirements of this exciting group show!
From the gals of Argyle Fine Art,
Adriana Afford and Crystal Ross
1559 Barrington Street
firstname.lastname@example.org / www.argylefineart.blogspot.com